Go Down

Topic: MPU 6050 suddendly reading wrong values (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

Jacobs63

Hello,

I'm building a segway robot and I'm using a MPU6050 6-axis gyro/accel.

The readings run fine, gyro corrections with accel run fine... But randomly, sometimes right after start, sometimes a minute after running, the board starts throwing out completely random values.

When I was soldering the module onto a Shield I made for Arduino, I had to slightly adjust the angle of gyro with my hands, which resulted in a little crack, but without any visible damage. I've checked every single route and it all seems to be fine. I don't know whether this issue was caused before the accident or only after, since I've built a completely new metal construction for the segway clone. However, I didn't have this issue with earlier wooden construction.

Motors don't cause this issue, because even if they're not moving, or are completely disassembled from the metal construction, this issue persists.
Electronic metal box is grounded, electronics are insulated from the box.

Is there anything I could try to solve this during the next 24 hours? I don't have time for ordering a new module.

Using MEGA 2560 & Sabertooth 2x12.

Koepel

Do you use a level shifter for the I2C and the INT between the Arduino Mega 2560 and the MPU-6050 ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy