Go Down

Topic: Phoenix, AZ anyone? (Read 3833 times) previous topic - next topic

jdawgaz

I am just starting with an arduino kit.

Looking for like minded individuals interested in arduino and programming and learning electronics

Jerry

cr0sh

Well - there's always me; not that I need to learn those things (been doing them for 20+ years now; well, with the exception of the Arduino - but electronics is electronics, and programming is programming, and when you've interfaced circuits to the 68000 using assembler and C, an Arduino is fairly easy). A year or so ago I tried to find locals, but wasn't very successful; I didn't have the time to develop the contacts, etc. Not much for being an organizer. Maybe you'll be more successful? Also - closest hackerspace is HeatSync Labs, out in Tempe/Mesa area (ugh - we need something closer to downtown Phoenix; I wish I was wealthy).

:D
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

jdawgaz

May 16, 2012, 03:45 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:52 pm by jdawgaz Reason: 1
Well thats a start.

At your suggestion, I looked at Heatsync Labs in Mesa. Looks good.
On the first Wed of every month, there is an Arduino Hacknight.
I will check that out next month, and let you know.

Jerry

cr0sh

At your suggestion, I looked at Heatsync Labs in Mesa. Looks good.
On the first Wed of every month, there is an Arduino Hacknight.
I will check that out next month, and let you know.

My problem with Heatsync is how far away it is; although I have a job now that is somewhat closer than I did in the past, so I may have to look into them again. The main problem was me being able to leave work and get there when they started (which, IIRC, was @ 7pm - try that on Phoenix's freeway's during rush hour).

Good luck with going; hope it works out!
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

jdawgaz

where do you live in the valley (N PHX?). I live in S. PHX.

cr0sh

where do you live in the valley (N PHX?). I live in S. PHX.

On the border between Glendale and Phoenix, near Cactus (literally on the border; it's more or less in my backyard, and makes getting city services a "fun experience"). Suffice it to say, it would be a good long drive from my house to HSL, but having access to a laser cutter would be very tempting (I have just about everything else I need in my shop). I did look again to see how far they are from my current employer, and it's not too bad; about 15 miles away S/SE; just gotta hop on the 101 for a bit. So, once I get done with the time sink that is my "Udacity 373 Self-Driving Car class", I'll probably try to make it out there one day after work.

:D

jpeter_j

Hi I live in N Phoenix area.
Just starting with Audrino. I'm interested and joining somebody and learning.
Let me know if we can plan for a meet up or something.

Thanks,
Peter

So any luck on a local user group? I am in Scottsdale, and am starting out. I could really use a hand.

Houser636

Hello Crosh,

I am looking for a programmer to help out with a couple projects here in AZ.  Our group has a mechanical engineer and I am pretty good at electrical hardware, but we are lacking a good programmer.  We have paying jobs set up if you would be interested.  I'd love to meet up if you have some time.

My work has a great place for events and said I could use it for an arduino meetup. I'd be happy to kick it off with a "getting started" workshop and then we could see where it goes. The space is in west Tempe, Broadway & Priest.

Lemme know who's interested and we can make it happen.

- daniel

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy