Go Down

Topic: Standalone proects (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

strykeroz

Thanks a lot guys. I will be ordering a bunch of Attiny85's and using the Arduino Uno as the programmer. :D
Make sure to keep an ATmega328P or two in the parts draw to cater for project scope creep too :D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

FallenDemon

Okay so turns out my local electronics store had some Attiny85 chips. Does the Arduino 1.0 software not support the core attiny45_85 files? I get an error while even compiling the Blink skecth while using Attiny85 w/Arduino as ISP. So it has nothing to do with the wiring or hardware side. I get the error, "OUTPUT not declared in this scope."

strykeroz

Okay so turns out my local electronics store had some Attiny85 chips. Does the Arduino 1.0 software not support the core attiny45_85 files? I get an error while even compiling the Blink skecth while using Attiny85 w/Arduino as ISP. So it has nothing to do with the wiring or hardware side. I get the error, "OUTPUT not declared in this scope."
Not out of the box, no.  You'll need to add some functionality - check http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=1695 for instructions on what to do and what to download.  If you decide to use someone else's ATtiny core software the instructions are still the same.

FallenDemon

Okay I found the core for 1.0. However when I go to Tools>Board which one do I choose? The exact chip came from here...http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=68T3808&CMP=AFC-GB100000001

However the core includes choices for external and internal clocks.

strykeroz

If you're not using an external crystal in your circuit, it's internal.  Select the 1MHz one if you're using the chip out of the box, as it were, or the 8MHz one if you've followed the instructions to set the chip to 8.

Cheers ! Geoff

Go Up