Go Down

Topic: 16x2 LCD Mystery [update] (Read 6284 times) previous topic - next topic

May 27, 2012, 12:13 am Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:16 am by nickn4 Reason: 1
i will make some photo's with daylight and move all devices together so it is clear.

btw, i tryed using two 220 ohm resistors parralel but it didnt change anything. it would cause 110 Ohms if i am right wich is a nice resistance.

edit; the multimeter is dead.. i am already looking for another one.
humankind cannot obtain anything without
sacrificing something of equal value in return.

the other day I found a short black jumper... That was open circuit??? I swear and both fuses in my Fluke 179 are Good... about $20.00 for both fuses

--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

massive breakthrough:
i bough new fuses and replaced the old fuses in my multimeter, i started some tests and i noticed that there was no flow at all.
to be sure i hooked up a 220 ohm resistor and a led, to the power lines on the breadboard. when i powered the circuit from arduino it didnt do anything, no led was going on.

now when i changed the power jumper wires from the arduino to the breadboard ... led led went onn! now that is exciting :P
anyway i took a closer look at the jumper wires and noticed that one of the pins on the black jumper has broken off and was not connected in the inside rubber end.

now i hooked up the backlight circuit of the lcd and powered arduino: lcd backlight works just fine!
so you guys were correct from the beginning: my connections failed!

anyway ill let you know when i got the lcd working and i will never doubt anybody's opinion here ever! :3
thanks alot for all efford, and sorry for being a bit frustrated..

humankind cannot obtain anything without
sacrificing something of equal value in return.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131