Go Down

Topic: Mega 2560 Upload Failing in my circuit! (Read 438 times) previous topic - next topic

I've spent most of my day googling, testing, reading forums, etc..  So now I turn my question to the public. 

I've got a 2560 that i'm using to build a MIDI Sequencer.  Things have been going well until i got my circuit fully off my breadboard.   
currently, it refuses to program whilst in the circuit.    NO, ITS NOT THAT TX/RX 0 ARE IN USE!

I'm currently using the following pins:

A8-15 as digital
TX/RX3 for MIDI
SDA/SCL send data to a group of 74HC595's..
49 - latch for another set of 595's
51/52 - Data for the 2nd set of 595s..   

My circuit is working great, and I'd been programming with my "shield" attached as I was prototyping.   I rearranged the pin configuration to the current setup which is when it stopped working..   Out of the circuit it works great - its just not very "rapid" having to constantly unplug and replug the shield.   

I've tried the reset thing..  no dice..

Initially, i thought it was because i was using 53 instead of 49 (apparently thats linked into SPI somehow)..

HALP!

maaaaan..     i turned on verbose logging during build and upload and found the stk500 timeout..   

this wound up fixing it:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,83079.15.html

basically using AVR folder from 0023..   

wahhh-wahhhhh

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy