Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wireless Arduino compatible distributed micro-controller  (Read 190 times)
Montreal
Aurbee the wireless distributed micro-controller
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey there,

My name is Lizzie and I am involved in project called Aurbee.
A wireless DISTRIBUTED Microcontroller!

Our kickstarter launch is on May 19th and I am super excited about it!!!!

AurBee is a game-changer in the open-source do-it-yourself micro-controller world because of its versatility and its low energy consumption. It combines the simplicity of Arduino with the scalability of ZigBee.
Thumbsized, capable of running for months on a single coin-cell battery, it allows users to create a self-healing wireless network of micro-controller modules and sensors over a large distributed space.

Aurbee allows the users to focus on their designs and takes away the complexity of writing ZigBee related code. We at Aurbee have taken care of all the ZigBee related heavy lifting so users can control pins on other Aurbees with a simple one-line code.

Aurbee can be used for sophisticated and affordable modules to build home-based robotics, home automation design, stage lighting, special effects management and much more. Imagine the possibilities.

For more product information please contact us at info@aurbee.com  smiley-grin

For product info please contact me at:  info@aurbee.com

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Imagine the possibilities.
Imagine the problems. Hope you plan on good trouble shooting support.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Coincell = 250mAH capacity
Xbee power requirement:
(zigbee is xbee consortium)
http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/zigbee-rf-modules/point-multipoint-rfmodules/xbee-series1-module#specs
45-50mA
250/50 = 5 hr, != "capable of running for months on a single coin-cell battery"
unless powered down all the time.

I have a simple wireless remote, 433 MHz Tx + Promini that goes into powerdown sleep mode in between button presses, running on 1000mAH 3.7V Lipo - lasts about a month with no button presses between recharges. Current  jumps to ~ 15mA for transmit of a button press.

Let us know how testing works out.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Atlanta, USA
Edison Member
AKA: Ray Burne
View Profile

Coin cell ...

View Profile

Interested to see the pricing.  The zigbee modules themselves are the same price as an Arduino compatible board typically.  Wireless nodes on Arduino are great and cheap...if using a cheap wireless module.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: