Go Down

Topic: Arduino powered Back to the Future alarm clock (Read 155 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello all,

Long time lurker here. For my first post I wanted to share a project I just completed the other day. My main goal with this project was to learn as much as I could about Arduino and this forum was my number 1 resource. Thanks for all your help!

The project is essentially a working alarm clock replica of the time circuits from Back to the Future. Instead of taking you to the future, the Destination Time is the time you'd like the alarm to go off. The Present Time is populated using an RTC and RTClib, and the Last Time Departed is updated from the present time when the destination time is set.

I was happy to have finished just in time for BTTF day.

Here is my reddit post that contains links to a photo gallery of the build process and a youtube video of it in action: https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/3poqrk/i_spent_the_past_year_designing_and_building_the/

There are so many things that I could have done better on this, and I still have a lot to learn. I'm really looking forward to refining the code and the circuit to make it more optimized, and get rid of some of those breakout boards. Nonetheless it was an incredible learning experience and I highly recommend projects like this to anyone who is looking to learn more. Thanks for looking!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131