Go Down

Topic: AutoHome - Web based GUI (Read 3187 times) previous topic - next topic

This has been the culmination of several projects I've been experimenting and learning with.

I setup a Mega 2560 with an Ethernet shield to run a 4 relay board to act as a thermostat for our furnace/air conditioner. I've also built a similar controller for simple I/O for lights and doors...

The thermostat has several set points (hi/lo temp, hi/lo humidity), analog input for multiple temp sensors with the option to average the temperature or function on a specific point.

The concept is a client server http communication protocol. The server negotiates interaction between the hardware and people. The arduino acts as a client with its own login to the server. The arduino also has its own authorization for communication from the server.

The server is php/mysql based with curl enabled for sending post data. Currently I can send and receive info between the hardware and server. Working on the mobile interface at the moment.

Posting this remotely, I'll reply with source when I return.

Pain is only an illusion.

Forgot about this hah.

Arduino source, its amateur but works. It hangs randomly, i'm thinking it has something to do with the arduino/server communication. Been cleaning up the code and running tests to measure memory usage.

https://github.com/bkaltec/AutoHome/tree/master/HVAC

Will eventually put up a slim version of the php/html/javascript as well.

Quick update. Added a mobile page for easy view and control on a phone or tablet. There is a simple graph showing the temperature when a heartbeat or fan state change is sent to the server. The fan state is indicated by the color of the dot black-off, red-heat, white-fan, blue-cool.

I also built a proto board with headers for easier connection of temperature sensors and the output relays. Also features 4 dip switches for diagnostic features, 1-ventilation override(fan), 2-enable humidity, 3-debug serial output, 4-disable all relays.

dtokez

very cool thanks for sharing! how hard were the web interfaces? that is the part that i struggle with most :(

The web code is quite complex, which is why I haven't posted the source yet.
The system has a user database which the client and arduino both use. The user setup provides access to adding, saving and manipulating the arduino data.

Web programming is where I started out in, and have migrated to other languages such as C++.

rbright

Keep up good work... watching with interest. The arduino world needs a good home automation system with GUI graphics without resorting to the likes of Raspberry Pi.
Cheers

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy