Go Down

Topic: Guitar step sequencer (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

arnarg

May 22, 2012, 04:45 pm Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:49 pm by arnarg Reason: 1
Hi.
My first post here. I'm relatively new to the Arduino environment but yesterday I made my first project where from start to finish I did everything myself. It's a simple guitar "effect". Instead of describing what it does, here is a video. I didn't technically use an arduino as you can see, but it's written in arduino code.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J53S0AMJ6go

All I'm doing is writing HIGH to the base of 2N2222 transistor (which grounds the hot wire of the audio cable) and then LOW with a delay between them and a pot to control the delay.
While that's cool and all I thought the next step would be a step sequencer where I control the volume of each step (with pots). What I need help with is... How can I control the volume? I looked at digital potentiometers with SPI interfaces but potentiometers in passive guitars are normally 250-500k and I couldn't find any digital pots like that. Any suggestions?
Also, is it bad to ground the teensy and guitar/amp together?

CrossRoads

Volume control - how about running your guitar into an op-amp, and use digital potst to control the gain of the op-amp?  Then the smaller value digital pots would be fine.
I would think you'd want the guitar & amp & digital pots all grounded to prevent noise & hum issues.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up