Go Down

Topic: Crap! Endless serial transmission wont let me upload! (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

Caleborp

Hey everyone,
I wrote a sketch to test out manipulating variables with bitwise operators, and I wanted to see the result I got, so I used Serial.println(var); to transmit the var once the arduino finished with the bitwise operation. Unfortunately, I did not think this through and placed that function in the loop() function. Now, my arduino is continuously outputting one variable and I cannot even open the serial monitor to view the data. I think it is outputting too much for the serial monitor to read. Also, I can no longer upload sketches anymore, probably because the arduino is just constantly sending serial data.

Please help me! What can I do to fix it?

CrossRoads

Press & hold the reset button.
When the IDE says "compiled xxx of 32xxx bytes", something like that, release the reset.
May take a couple tries to find the right time.  Definitely do-able.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Caleborp

Ok, should i do this while uploading a sketch or should i just hold it down and wait for that message?

Graynomad

You can't do it while uploading the sketch because you can't currently upload a sketch.

Press and release when you see that message. As CR says it often take a few tries to get it right.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy