Go Down

Topic: Crap! Endless serial transmission wont let me upload! (Read 560 times) previous topic - next topic

Caleborp

Hey everyone,
I wrote a sketch to test out manipulating variables with bitwise operators, and I wanted to see the result I got, so I used Serial.println(var); to transmit the var once the arduino finished with the bitwise operation. Unfortunately, I did not think this through and placed that function in the loop() function. Now, my arduino is continuously outputting one variable and I cannot even open the serial monitor to view the data. I think it is outputting too much for the serial monitor to read. Also, I can no longer upload sketches anymore, probably because the arduino is just constantly sending serial data.

Please help me! What can I do to fix it?

CrossRoads

Press & hold the reset button.
When the IDE says "compiled xxx of 32xxx bytes", something like that, release the reset.
May take a couple tries to find the right time.  Definitely do-able.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Caleborp

Ok, should i do this while uploading a sketch or should i just hold it down and wait for that message?

Graynomad

You can't do it while uploading the sketch because you can't currently upload a sketch.

Press and release when you see that message. As CR says it often take a few tries to get it right.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up