Go Down

Topic: Ouch! Somebody is taking Pi out to lunch! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

Osgeld

May 23, 2012, 04:59 am Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:02 am by Osgeld Reason: 1
as the PI continues to drag its ass I keep looking for alternatives, already bought a 400Mhz arm system with a 3.5 inch color touchscreen and linux+QT already installed for 110 bucks to use as a PLC user I/O at work.

the longer it takes, the more the market will choke, and whats already out there is dropping like mad while new competitors cash in on the hype ... though they have the ability to make thousands of boards a day in house while PI is waiting for UPS to show up with a box or 2

Graynomad

already bought a 400Mhz arm system with a 3.5 inch color touchscreen and linux+QT already installed f

What is it?

as the PI continues to drag its ass I keep looking for alternatives

Likewise with the Due for me.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

James C4S

Barely out of the starting block and already direct competition...

Yeah, I've been waiting to see how the Raspberry Pi shakes out.  If the VIA board becomes available (I don't consider it available to until many people actually have one) first, I'm sold.  That's a lot of power for $50.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Osgeld

May 23, 2012, 07:00 am Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:12 am by Osgeld Reason: 1

What is it?

http://www.mini-box.com/mini2440v2

the specs are all kind of messed up, noobs making spec websites, its 64M ram, 64M rom, 256 color screen

Go Up