Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Testing Atmega controllers  (Read 4391 times)
Gatineau, Qu
Did you Arduino today?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Don't know if this is the right place for this?
Or even if this makes any sense.....

Is there a sketch or something that can check is a controller is working like it should?

Let me explain......I want to buy a bunch of atmega48, 88, 168 and 328 from my supplier. I'm not going to use the all at once (I will use them over time). So when I get them I would like to test them out? Are they all doing all they should? And if any are not 100% I can send them back.

Any help, guidance?
THanks

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Are they all doing all they should? And if any are not 100% I can send them back.

That's a pretty tall order to require 100% functionality validation. The AVR chips have lots on internal hardware features (timers, usart, SPI, etc) that would be testable only with proper software loaded into them.

I would think if you can burn the bootloader, upload a sketch that then toggles all the I/O pins with some kind of test bed that has leds (with resistors!) wired to the I/O pins, that would be as pratical to a full functional test that one could expect. Even that is going to be pretty time consuming if you need to check a large batch at one time?

Good luck;

Lefty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: