Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Downloads... Is 65GB Too much?!  (Read 2085 times)
Wigan, UK
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Code:
Move to Sweden, they got 100/100 mbit fairly cheap.

I'd love to be able to move like that.  Only speaking English might be a bit of a problem, but I would like a job where I can work from wherever I want as long as it has a decent net connection.

I understand the former East Germany is really cheap, but I've no idea how good their broadband is.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

i'm with BT in uk supposed to get 8mb but only get 1.5/2 on a good day!

-James

Wigan, UK
God Member
View Profile

i'm with BT in uk supposed to get 8mb but only get 1.5/2 on a good day!

That's the trouble with ADSL - it's heavily dependent on the line from you to the exchange. I'm with virginmedia and I can expect full line speed most of the time.

You can find out how far from your exchange you are - the samknows website should tell you, and will probably tell you what kind of speed you should expect.

Chennai, India
God Member
Peace!!!
View Profile

everyone seems to talk mpbs... lol i got 256kbps on this one and 512kbps @ work....65gigs is more than what i download in 2 years smiley

Be The Change...

Wigan, UK
God Member
View Profile

everyone seems to talk mpbs... lol i got 256kbps on this one and 512kbps @ work....65gigs is more than what i download in 2 years

Decent broadband coverage in the UK is quite sporadic.  I chose to live in areas with cable (firbe) connections so I can get 50mbps, but a lot of places outside of cities get speeds similar to you.

The trouble is, rural areas mean fewer people connected to an exchange, and fewer still close enough to get a decent broadband conncetion through it so it's not worth putting high speed equipment in. Certainly no third party company will put equipment in and offer a rival to BT like you get in cities.

Devon, UK
Arduino rocks my socks, yes the socks are rocking!
View Profile

Well as it has turned into a conversation about speed I'm on ADSLMAX2 or something like that, and get about 7 bit up and 1m bit down on average. I knew we wouldn't get the full 24 m bit they offered when we signed up, but it is far better than the 32KByte/sec virgin media were pumping us.

Canada
Power Level is futile (if < 9 000)
View Profile

WHAAAAT!? 65GB?!

My ISP provide high speed internet with 30GB upload/download, so that leave about 20GB for download at the price of 42$ per month.

If I ever break this limit (happen all the time) I need to pay an aditional 30$. (Actually, the fee increase the more bytes I download)

If you are not happy with 65GB, I will take it, it's like Heaven for me! :'(

Portugal
God Member
View Profile

Here I have an 8Mbit service, but I only receive 4Mbit as im in the middle of the country with very old lines, but I have "unlimited" download and the upload is not counted, I use the "" because it is not really unlimited, I can use up to 200Gb and then my net speed is reduced, but thats only that, I can download what I want  ;D
And all for 19,9€ 8-)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:42:24 pm by Senso » Logged

Cape Town, South Africa
Arduino rocks
View Profile

My ISP seems to have a problem with me doing 65GB so far this month.

They limited my 4mbit line down to 512kbit  smiley-sad
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:43:53 am by leppie » Logged

Vejen, Denmark
Edison Member
RAWR! ^,..,^
View Profile

My ISP seems to have a problem with me doing 65GB so far this month.

They limited my 4mbit line down to 512kbit  
Damn, I would DIE! :-/

Glad that there are no limit here, and they don't set the speed down... Going to transfer almost 40GB large images later today, that would be bad on 512kbit ;D

captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: