Go Down

Topic: How to link two pins across the board? (Read 580 times) previous topic - next topic

jacobknott

Hey, This is my first post/ project.

I have just got my hands on an uno board R3 and am looking to use it to control my LED message board.

In order to do this I plan on using the uno to emulate the keyboard of the device. After looking at the circuitry I have worked out that in order to emulate a key press I have to link one of the 8 pins on one side to one of the 7 pins on the other.

E.g A= pin8 and pin15, B= pin8 and pin 14, 3= pin3 and pin10, ect......

So I want to develop it so that pressing the 'A' key on my laptop sends the signal for the Arduino to connect pins 8 and 15.

Is this possible, it seems like it should be, and how do I go about this?

Thanks very much. :)

pylon

If this thing is TTL level (5V), you could emulate the response of the button matrix. Probably the 7 pins are set to high one after the other, checking the other 8 pins for a signal. Make the 7 pins inputs on the Arduino and the 8 pins outputs. Wait for right input to be activated (let's say pin 8) and put the corresponding output to high (pin 15 for an A).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy