Go Down

Topic: HOW TO INCREASE MULTIPLE SPI SLAVES OVER ONE ARDUINO (Read 156 times) previous topic - next topic

akshay123

Hii All,
anyone knows how to increment sleve devices over one ardunio?..I want 22 slave devices connected to the arduino...but Unfortunately i dont have that much pins available on arduino  :smiley-confuse: kindly help..Thank You :)

Robin2

Use a Mega ?

With that many devices the extra SRAM may also come in handy?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

akshay123

I am using Arduino Nano...and how to use Extra SRAM ???

jurs

Hii All,
anyone knows how to increment sleve devices over one ardunio?..I want 22 slave devices connected to the arduino...but Unfortunately i dont have that much pins available on arduino  :smiley-confuse: kindly help..Thank You :)
What about using an Arduino board with more I/O pins, like MEGA2560?

A MEGA2560 also provides more RAM than a NANO, so this possibly also helps you with the problem "lack of RAM while using many SPI devices".

akshay123

Okay..sorry i am new to the arduino...how that SRAM should be used to drive 22 slaves?please give directions... :)

CrossRoads

You need more IO pins, not necessarily more SRAM.
Sounds like a board with Atmega1284P would fit your needs.
It has 32 IO, so keeping 2 pins for serial, and SCK-MISO-MOSI for SPI, leaves 27 pins for chip selects.
And it has 16K SRAM if your sketch happens to need that.
I offer boards in several form factors.
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

With RTC, SD card, RS232 buffer option for 2nd serial port,  onboard or offboard USB/Serial adapter, and with or without screw terminals:
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Robin2

Okay..sorry i am new to the arduino...how that SRAM should be used to drive 22 slaves?please give directions... :)
The SRAM is not necessarily needed. However I assumed that if you are trying to communicate with 22 devices your code and your need to store data would be greater than if you are communicating with 2 devices.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

dlloyd

We don't know your application or speed requirements, but maybe consider a daisy chained configuration (only 4 pins required).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy