Go Down

Topic: Revolving Warning Light Mail Notificatio (Read 679 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi everyone,

I am a total noob when it comes to Arduino so please take it easy on me. I just needed some help on something. I wanted to make some kind warning notification whenever I get to receive a mail containing the word "Critical" on it. I will be using this 12V revolving warning light (http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPSC-728-Revolving-Warning-Magnetic/dp/B001JT7CKW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376275221&sr=8-2&keywords=revolving+warning+light) for this. So whenever a mail is received, it should check the content for the word and light up the warning light for around 30 seconds. Is this possible? I hope that someone replies. Thank you in advance

bigred1212

Are you talking about physical paper mail in a mail box or about email?

Either way it isn't a beginner/noob project.

If you are talking about email (which I'm guessing you are), point a search engine at "python script to check incoming email".

A python script on a PC would let you do a number of things and might not involve a microcontroller.

Are you talking about physical paper mail in a mail box or about email?

Either way it isn't a beginner/noob project.

If you are talking about email (which I'm guessing you are), point a search engine at "python script to check incoming email".

A python script on a PC would let you do a number of things and might not involve a microcontroller.

yes definitely talking about email...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy