Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Revolving Warning Light Mail Notificatio  (Read 477 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone,

I am a total noob when it comes to Arduino so please take it easy on me. I just needed some help on something. I wanted to make some kind warning notification whenever I get to receive a mail containing the word "Critical" on it. I will be using this 12V revolving warning light (http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPSC-728-Revolving-Warning-Magnetic/dp/B001JT7CKW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376275221&sr=8-2&keywords=revolving+warning+light) for this. So whenever a mail is received, it should check the content for the word and light up the warning light for around 30 seconds. Is this possible? I hope that someone replies. Thank you in advance

Sitting in the garage.
I made the pretty light blink.
View Profile

Are you talking about physical paper mail in a mail box or about email?

Either way it isn't a beginner/noob project.

If you are talking about email (which I'm guessing you are), point a search engine at "python script to check incoming email".

A python script on a PC would let you do a number of things and might not involve a microcontroller.

View Profile

Are you talking about physical paper mail in a mail box or about email?

Either way it isn't a beginner/noob project.

If you are talking about email (which I'm guessing you are), point a search engine at "python script to check incoming email".

A python script on a PC would let you do a number of things and might not involve a microcontroller.

yes definitely talking about email...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: