Go Down

Topic: Reading a strain gauge signal on Labview via arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

straits

I've posted a similar question months ago concerning the reading of a full wheatstone bridge (four strain gauges on a bar) and I've managed to acquire signal on Labview with little trouble.

However, I am now trying to do the same thing, with the same amplifier (ina125P) but for a single strain gauge of 120 ohms in a bridge with 3 resistors of 120 ohms each - and 1% accuracy for their resistance. For some reason I cannot read anything but 0V or the maximum of around 4.6 V - implying something is wrong with the circuit or the gauge.

I managed to acquire signal from a quarter bridge arrangement using a strain gauge card and some older drivers -so it's fine without an arduino. The schematic for the full bridge strain gauge arrangement can be found here http://cerulean.dk/words/wp-content/handsketch.jpg

I am using a near identical arrangement for the quarter bridge, which leads me to believe that the problem could be in which terminals I am connecting to the amplifier; since the strain gauge is functional, and the Labview code only reads the A0 input in any case. There is an attachment of what I am trying to do on the breadboard (it IS a bit small so a part of it could be difficult to see).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

wwbrown

With a better picture and/or schematic and source code it is difficult to help.

wade

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy