Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MAC address sticker?  (Read 524 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I got a bunch of Ethernet Shields R3 (with POE) today and they don't have a MAC address sticker either in the box or affixed to the board itself unlike the website description and photos of the shields that I've seen on the net. Do current shields not come with the sticker any more? (I've never bought an official Ethernet Shield.)

I know I'm supposed to program in my own MAC address any way, but it would have been nice to not have to come up with a random one and have to keep track of the random numbers.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

I don't think the MAC address persists past your router. Feel free to make up your own.

In any case, the idea of a "hardware" MAC address doesn't make a heap of sense when it is just coded into software.

View Profile

You've probably looked there already, but the stickers are on the underside of my ethernet shields.

PeterO

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I know I'm supposed to program in my own MAC address any way, but it would have been nice to not have to come up with a random one and have to keep track of the random numbers.

Duh! Just write your mac address on the bottom of the board with a sharpie if you struggle with keeping track.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: