Go Down

Topic: Qtouch and general touch spinner wheel questions. (Read 899 times) previous topic - next topic

So I am starting my summer project and I realized (very quickly) that I need to figure out how to make a touch screen. 
I wanted it to have something like the spinner wheel in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUxbehXSiJA

Although it would mainly just be the spinner wheel and a few buttons.

Does anybody have some awesome resources that could help me out? 
I'm mainly having trouble finding some components that I could work with.  I know that atmel sells Qtouch and such, and I would like to use that, although I need some component that is compatible with their Qtouch library.  Anybody got anything?

Thanks in advance!

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

a touch screen would require a transparent touch sensor...
qtouch works with metallic conductors, that r not transparent...

have u seen this:

So I would need a capacitance touch screen.
I think I came to that conclusion before.
An Issue that i'm finding is finding capacitance touch screens that I could use.
I would like to know more so on how to make one since It'll be in a very custom setting.

Any help on that?

Jun 04, 2012, 11:03 pm Last Edit: Jun 04, 2012, 11:08 pm by RIDDICK Reason: 1
if i understood wikipedia correctly:
u could try qtouch with transparent conducting material that u paint on a sheet of Plexiglas (PMMA)...
EDIT: oops - that "painting" seems to be very complicated...  :smiley-roll-sweat:

here they offer a tiny touch screen with integrated display:
but there is not much to tinker... :)

here they offer bare transparent touch sensors (i guess):

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131