Go Down

Topic: Ethernet Shield Not taking address (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

sbavington

Yes, it appears to be working. I'm watching asa the simple web server gives me the pin states and it's logging th client in and out for 10 minutes now.

I guess the pins were too long and prevented the shorter pins on the Adruino from making.

Good catch!

Thanks so much for the help.
Stephen Bavington
sbavington@mac.com

cabral_bh

Gentlemen, I had the same problem and the solution was the same: cut the terminals.

Thanks Nick, for the solution ...

I had won so few white hairs.  :smiley-roll-sweat:

JsGarage

i have a  problem, my eth shield appears to be functioning(orange link light, and flickering green traffic light) but i cannot ping it, nor am i getting ANYTHING at all in the serial window.  my pins are the correct length(didnt have to trim them) as the shield pins bottom out on the mega2560.

i think my router may be trying to assign an IP, but i am manually setting the IP in the sketch....  how do i avoid this? is there a way to set the shield to accept an IP from the router?

Regards
Jason
one day, I'll be able to do this without help :)

SurferTim

You can use DHCP to assign the network settings.
Code: [Select]
  Serial.print("Starting ethernet...");
  if(!Ethernet.begin(mac)) Serial.println("failed");
  else Serial.println(Ethernet.localIP());

Does it print a valid IP? Or does it fail after a couple minutes? Or does it freeze forever?
Posting your code may help.

PaulS

i think my router may be trying to assign an IP, but i am manually setting the IP in the sketch....  how do i avoid this?

Configure your router properly. Tell it that the Arduino is at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and that it should not assign that address to any other device.

is there a way to set the shield to accept an IP from the router?

Yes.

Go Up