Seeeduino stalker

the Seeeduino Stalker has got to be a perfect board but the only problem is that the I/O ports run on 3.3v I need them to run on 5.5v. Below you will find a link to the wiki on the Stalker, with schematics. What can I remove on the board it self to make it run on 5v. I see on the schematic that 5v is coming in but by the time it his the microprocessor it is 3.3v.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Seeeduino_Stalker_v2.2

Also does any one know of an arduino compatible board that has similar features that the Stalker has?

I have not, yet, gone down this road. However, a UNO compatible with these features would be nice. Should be a little cheaper, too!

David

What parts of it do you need?
A lot of the devices on the board are 3.3V only - the SD socket, the XBee socket, etc.
What portions do you need?
My Bobuino board has 5V IO, DS1307 battery backed clock, RS232, shield headers, extra IO, with seperate 3.3V regulator & level-translated signals for the an SD card.
But if you need the battery charger, it doesn't do that.
So what features do you need?

So if the board was redesigned to boost the LiPo battery output to 5V so the uC could run at 5V that'd be what is needed?
And keep 3.3V for the Xbee socket and SD and uSD card socket?
Would you add USB interface too, vs pins only for an offboard USB/Serial adapter?
That wouldn't be that difficult to arrange.
I'd boost the processor to a '1284P too for its 16K SRAM.

the arduino comparable sockets run on 3.3v and I need them to run on 5v. That is the problem with this board.

What shield do you want to use with seeeduino stalker?

So you want the same board, with say a TXB0104/TXB0106 between the uC and the 3.3V devices,
and the uC and shield headers to run from5V otherwise.
Does it need to be 5V, or just whatever voltage the LiPo is at? As the uC will be happy running at 16 MHz down to about 3.8V, the low end of what a LiPo can do.

Like florinc asked, what 5V device are you wanting to use with it? More than likely the problem you think you're going to have doesn't exist.

Things like ultrasonic censors, PIR Motion, lazors stuff like that

Ultrasonic sensor working at 3V3:

Motion sensor working at 3V3:

and so on.

The only problem is that both of those sensor go a lot farther with 5.5v. So there range is dependent on the voltage that they run on. I would like to the the extra distance.

If you look at stalker version 2.2 it is written it has a 4 ping groove header that can run at 3.3 or 5v. Knowing seeedstudio I suppose that this port is only power supplied at 5v but the digital pin and the ADC are supposed to work only in the 0->3.3v range