Go Down

Topic: LPD8806 LED strip project (Read 8505 times) previous topic - next topic

marc017

Yes i thought it was too good to be true. I have verified multiple times with them. Time will tell. I am also pretty good at talking the Chinese down in price. They all want to make a sale you just have to be persistant when they say no the first time.

funkyguy4000

Yes i thought it was too good to be true. I have verified multiple times with them. Time will tell. I am also pretty good at talking the Chinese down in price. They all want to make a sale you just have to be persistant when they say no the first time.

You can talk them down!? Aw man, I always took it for whatever price they offered b/c it was already so cheap, I thought that was as low as they can go!
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

this is exactly what i am looking to do for a drum set. how do you connect the leds and the piezo to the arduino? is there a way to adjust the threshold of the trigger so when you hit lightly the led shines dim and when you hit hard it shines bright?

Cranium

Cool project! I am looking to start my first arduino project with lpd8806 lights. Hopefully I can learn it as fast as you did  :D

I have spoken to a few (15) china suppliers. Looks like the going rate is about $40 for 5m and then $40-50 shipping via DHL.

Well, $98.89 was the total after shipping and paypal fees for 3 - 5m 5050 PD8806 Strips, 300/5m, ip68, Tape Backing.

What supplier did you get this price from?

Folsom

Cool project! I am looking to start my first arduino project with lpd8806 lights. Hopefully I can learn it as fast as you did  :D

I have spoken to a few (15) china suppliers. Looks like the going rate is about $40 for 5m and then $40-50 shipping via DHL.

Well, $98.89 was the total after shipping and paypal fees for 3 - 5m 5050 PD8806 Strips, 300/5m, ip68, Tape Backing.

What supplier did you get this price from?

I would like to know this as well.  I got a quote from Greeled, and after all the fees I could buy 5m for the same price on Ebay.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy