So you decided to give the Arduino Ethernet a try, but You can't manage to upload a sketch to it?
This might help:
First things first.
- Make sure there is nothing else connected to the Arduino Ethernet (double use TX RX)
What are you using for uploading?
- FTDI Friend?
- USB Serial Light Adapter?
Did you connect it correctly? Do you see BLK
on the Arduino Ethernet?
- on the FTDI Friend this should connect to GND
- on the USB Serial Light Adapter this should connect to GND BLK
Does your operating system recognize your adapter cable?
for USB Serial Light Adapter you need to install a driver: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/USBSerial
at the bodem.
Still no luck?
you might want to get the optibootloader.
- you'll need an arduino UNO or Duemilanove
- get the attached sketch (changed it for arduino IDE 1.xx)
- upload it to the arduino UNO or Duemilanove
- disconnect your arduino UNO or Duemilanove
- connect your arduino UNO or Duemilanove TO your Arduino Ethernet like this:
only connect this wires:
Arduino uno => Arduino Ethernet
13 => 13
12 => 12
11 => 11
10 => reset check this twice smiley-wink uno side is 10, arduino ethernet side is reset
5v => 5v
gnd => gnd
DO NOT CONNECT 9 , CHECK, RECHECK end DOUBLE CHECK
- reconnect your arduino UNO or Duemilanove
- open serial monitor and set baud rate to 19200 baud
- follow instructions and you should get this:
OptiLoader Bootstrap programmer.
2011 by Bill Westfield (WestfW)
Target power on! ...
Starting Program Mode [OK]
Searching for image...
Found "optiboot_atmega328.hex" for atmega328P
Start address at 7E00
Total bytes read: 502
Setting fuses for programming
Lock: 3F FFE000 Low: FF FFA000 High: DE FFA800 Ext: 5 FFA400
Programming bootloader: 512 bytes at 0x3F00
Commit Page: 3F00:3F00
Commit Page: 3F40:3F40
Commit Page: 3F80:3F80
Commit Page: 3FC0:3FC0
Restoring normal fuses
Lock: 2F FFE000
Target power OFF!
Type 'G' or hit RESET for next chip
- disconnect everything
- done, now try uploading a sketch (check your com port, board and adapter connection)