Go Down

Topic: Ping))) and Midi (Read 690 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello people,

I have a little problem which has big consequences. It belongs my bachelor thesis.

I use 3 Ping))) sensors and convert their value into midi messages via the midi library. The values the ping sensor send via midi were perfect for short distance but for a distance in 2,5m range it just jumps around. Is there a work around for it, or should I use other sensors.

Thank you so much for fast answers!

Klaus

Far-seeker

First off, it might help if you posted your code for converting the sensor data into the MIDI format.  I don't have much experience in MIDI specifically, but I'm sure there are posters who are and if they actually have the code they might spot a bug you missed in the conversion process. 

Also, according to Parallax the maximum sensing distance is ~3m so if you need absolutely need appreciably more than 2.0m for your project it could be worth it to get a different type of distance sensor, since your getting somewhat close to the maximum range specifications already.  However, I have a suspicion the real problem is your software and not the sensors.

Hello people,

I have a little problem which has big consequences. It belongs my bachelor thesis.

I use 3 Ping))) sensors and convert their value into midi messages via the midi library. The values the ping sensor send via midi were perfect for short distance but for a distance in 2,5m range it just jumps around. Is there a work around for it, or should I use other sensors.

Thank you so much for fast answers!

Klaus

I've got an ultrasonic library that may give you better results.  I'm also looking for someone with a PING))) to test.  If you want to try it out, let me know and I'll get you a copy that works with PING))) sensors.  For more information on my library see this thread: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,106043.0.html

Tim
Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy