Go Down

Topic: The Next Uno (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

Sorta like http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view/5/easyavr5a/ ?  Not really to my tastes, and not cheap enough, but (IMO) a pretty good deal.

I'm with JimLee: there have been lots of AVR development boards before and after Arduino, with lots of additional features.   For one reason or another, none has received the acceptance of the Arduino.  Prior to Arduino, the "AVR Butterfly" was probably the closest thing; there were a bunch of nice tutorials written about it.  But when you look at trying to use it beyond the tutorials, it turns out that nearly all the pins are already connected to something, making it a bit of a pain to use.

Graynomad

Jun 06, 2012, 11:42 am Last Edit: Jun 06, 2012, 11:47 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
I would suggest a header pins version

Just leave the connectors out and people can solder in what they want.

gigantic USB port

WHY oh WHY do they still use that stupid socket? Some people say for backwards compatibility, just buy a new bloody cable for $2 (as if we don't all have a 100 spare USB cables anyway).

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

elico

Call it EliDuino ...
If it will be implemented .

Thanks
Elico :)

James C4S

Call it EliDuino ...
If it will be implemented .

You can make it yourself.  Then you know it is implemented.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

CrossRoads

Jun 07, 2012, 01:17 am Last Edit: Jun 07, 2012, 02:23 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

elico

Thanks
I will look into those later tonight  I hope .

Elico

Go Up