Go Down

Topic: arduino kit does nothing on pressing reset button!!!!! (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

deepakvnit

hi guys , when i press reset button, kit does nothing no LED(rx,tx. pin 13) blinks or when i try to burn new sketches"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" error comes. i used both (USB and powerjack) supplies at same time, but i worked for some days quite well before this thing happened . now i am stuck with this problem and i have to complete my project as soon as possible.I think my kit has burnt really need some help guys!!!! thanx in advance... =( =(

madworm

Unplug everything that is not an integral part of the arduino board, do the loop-back test and report back. The links is down below.

If any part should get hot to the touch please unplug asap.

It would also be nice if you told us what kind of hardware (link!) and operating system you use.
• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

Sudar

Are you using the official Arduino? If yes which model? If not can you point to the link of your clone?
Checkout some of my Arduino projects and tutorials

deepakvnit

Jun 09, 2012, 01:20 pm Last Edit: Jun 09, 2012, 01:28 pm by deepakvnit Reason: 1
i removed external ckt... and tried still no luck. currently I am using arduino uno(original) and my operating system is windows 7.Correct me if am wrong, by loop test you mean shorting rx and tx pin in board,if it is correct then in that case whatever i sent from serial monitor got that back. If i am wrong about loop test plz let me know what it is ??? I am new to arduino.Can i replace microcontroller in arduino board with new Atmega 328 PU.. 

madworm

You can replace the AVR chip. However, you must make sure that

a) you get a new chip with a bootloader preprogrammed

or

b) you have a programmer or 2nd arduino board to precondition the new chip.

If that is the problem.

The loop-back test is clearly described in the link.
• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

Go Up