Go Down

Topic: Arduino 2560 Stuck on Uploading Sketch (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

xvjeko

After reinstalling drivers, and downgrading to 1.0, and a long time i got this message
Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

mellis

matinzk and hpt007: unfortunately, we can't provide support for non-Arduino boards as it's impossible to know exactly how they're designed / what software they're running / etc.  I'd suggest asking the maker of your board for help.

xvjeko

It's the principle, one day it works, and the next day it bricks...
Summary: Lost 50€, and soon the ticket to inovator's show.
Guess we all learn our lessons.  8)

cyclegadget

the IDE gets stuck at the "Uploading to I/O board..." message. The bargraph shows around 95% but then there is no further progress.

I have a Mega that is a fake Arduino, it has the same problem 50% of the time. I sometimes have to disconnect the USB, wait, and reconnect. Watching the TX, RX, leds, I think the problem is with the timing of the DTR pulse. It seems the pulse is timed wrong, with the sketch data that is to follow the pulse. I am wondering if maybe the Atmega 8 usb chip that is on the board my need a firmware upgrade?

I have been able to upload sketches through the serial port header using a USB to serial converter. You should give that a try if you have a converter.

xvjeko

the IDE gets stuck at the "Uploading to I/O board..." message. The bargraph shows around 95% but then there is no further progress.

I have a Mega that is a fake Arduino, it has the same problem 50% of the time. I sometimes have to disconnect the USB, wait, and reconnect. Watching the TX, RX, leds, I think the problem is with the timing of the DTR pulse. It seems the pulse is timed wrong, with the sketch data that is to follow the pulse. I am wondering if maybe the Atmega 8 usb chip that is on the board my need a firmware upgrade?

I have been able to upload sketches through the serial port header using a USB to serial converter. You should give that a try if you have a converter.

even if it is a "fake" arduino, it still consists of same ATMEL2560, and opensourced schematics....
so i guess no support for opensourcing, or homemade stuff.......

Go Up