star wars blaster with arduino

hello this is my project to add sound and light effects to a scratch built stormtrooper blaster (E-11 blastech) as seen on Star Wars "A New Hope"

the project is almost completed, this is the video that shows how it works

i attached the code, it's not the best and rational program ever made, i am quite sure that if array variables were used, the code could have been far shorter, but i am not so expert..

e11_ver_04_02.ino (54.4 KB)

Very Cool !!
Would love to see the comlete project :slight_smile:

talofer99:
Very Cool !!
Would love to see the comlete project :slight_smile:

thanks for your comment, i will post here the built weapon armed with arduino when finished :slight_smile:

Very cool indeed, and that's exactly what I had in mind for my V gun. Could you list the Arduino hardware you used and shields for sound? I see a Wave Shield right? And you said you were using a nano Arduino?

i listed all the hardware needed at this stage on the whitearmor forum, i gave you the link in other topic

in that video you can see arduino UNO, but in the final stage i will use the arduino NANO 328, same specs of the UNO but smaller

the mp3 player you see on video is quite expensive and large dimensions, today i got the WTV020, you can read here:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html

Thanks again. I don't have access to that forum yet. About the board you bought, I bought the same board yesterday. It is SOMO-14D compatible in so many aspects. You could read about it here:

It is quite expensive, but they used the same chip.

Did not check the code yet, cause I did not installed Arduino IDE, but basically you are sensing the button, and each times some triggers it, you play the sound and turn on the led? At the same time or that is synchronous?

in my project you use 3 buttons: fire, weapon selector and reload ammuniton

when push fire button the led and sound turn on syncro

these are the features since now:

• 13 sounds weapon, included: E11, Stun, AT AT, Xwing, Xfighter, chewbacca, jawas, 44Magnum, M1 Garand, K98 and others (can add many more)
  • 3 buttons: fire, selector, reload
  • sound effect when empty ammo is reached
  • sound effect when reloading the weapon
  • sound at start-up
  • plays random tracks for specific sounds (as chewbacca or jawas)
  • endless fading led showing status ON / OFF
  • 3 watt RGB superbright led with customizable colors and effects
  • 10 segments led bar as shot counter
  • 3w+3w audio output
  • battery life: around 2 hours of use, standby not tested (battery used: 2x Cr123 recharg. lithium 3,7 volts)

the final work!

Bellissimo! Really. Congratulations! Thanks to you I met this Arduino thing, and I am really happy about it. What's the story about that RGB led. Where did you get it and how do you use it?

thanks!
i hope to see your vgun video soon!

the RGB led must have 6 pins (anode and cathode) as this and it's powered by 3 constant Current Regulated LED Driver 1W 320~350mA (with minor mods) as this

Very good, you just need to build the Stormtrooper Uniform now. :smiley:

Lakes:
Very good, you just need to build the Stormtrooper Uniform now. :smiley:

thanks, already did :wink:

me with the arduino blaster :slight_smile:

Fantastic! :smiley:

i add this picture that shows where arduino was placed

Very nice blaster! I wonder if you can play a star wars computer game with this one. That would be awesome!

Star Wars Laser Tag!

and here a new version with smoke machine added

the smoke generator is from RC car toys, sold for just 20 euro over ebay china (oil included). It is made by:

a small board that control the intensity of smoke

a small electric pump

a (?) resistor that burn safe oil

to control it by arduino i had to use the servo library and a small transistor as power switch. With the servo library i can control fog intenstiy, with transistor i can turn it on and off when i need.

So that's all, it was made especially for boba flame thrower weapon but it can be used with any weapon stored in arduino, as E11 fire as it was seen on ANH

e11_ver_5_WT5001_SMK.ino (64.4 KB)

Excellent work Manuell, I've seen it already on whitearmor.net! Best in class E11! Even more motivation to start with mine.

onesky:
hello this is my project to add sound and light effects to a scratch built stormtrooper blaster (E-11 blastech) as seen on Star Wars "A New Hope"

the project is almost completed, this is the video that shows how it works

Open Blaster project - wip video #3 [arduino blaster e11 led sound effects] - YouTube

i attached the code, it's not the best and rational program ever made, i am quite sure that if array variables were used, the code could have been far shorter, but i am not so expert..