Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Matlab serial interface (Read 766 times) previous topic - next topic

FadiMoussa

Hello
ok i've set up a serial connection between my arduino uno and matlab, and i works fine
i hooked up my matlab to another serial interface with an lcd to better understand what matlab sends out
Matlab sends out single digits if for example i send out 2015 it send the 2 alone then the 0 then the 1 then the 5

on the arduino side i know arduino converts its serial read to ascii and i know it has a carriage byte at the end

my question is this
how do i reconstruct the number on arduino side ?? i know i need an array and i could use the atoi function but i just don't understand how to do it
so any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

PaulS

i know i need an array and i could use the atoi function but i just don't understand how to do it

Like so:

Code: [Select]
char buff[8];
byte indx = 0;

void loop()
{
   while(Serial.available() > 0)
   {
      char ch = Serial.read(); // Get the next character
      if(ch >= '0' && ch <= '9')
      {
        // The character is a digit - 0 to 9
        buff[indx++] = ch; // Store it
        buff[indx] = '\0'; // Append a NULL
     }
     else
     {
        // The character is not a digit
        int val = atoi(buff); // Convert to integer

// Use the integer...

indx = 0; // Reset for next time
        buff[indx] = '\0';
     }
  }
}

FadiMoussa

Thank You SOOOO MUCH seriously thank you :d this has been driving me crazy for a whole day :D i actually reached smthn similar but couldn't quite perfect it though like this :D thank youuu again :D

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy