Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.0.1, Leonardo in boards.txt but not in IDE boards list (Read 894 times) previous topic - next topic

Apologies in advance if I've done something stupid.

Just received a shiny new Leonardo from la casa de Sparkfun.  I promptly downloaded the 1.0.1 IDE from here. I installed the driver according to this.

I opened up the IDE and set the port.  I went to change the board but Leonardo was not on the list.

I poked the google machine a couple of times only finding this problem occurring in 1.0 and solved by uncommenting the boards.txt file.  I opened the boards.txt file for the 1.0.1 IDE and found Leonardo there not commented out. 

Has anyone else seen this?  Or, did I do it wrong?

Thanks

wanderson

Do you still have an older version of the Arduino software loader on that machine?  I wonder if the reason it is not showing is because it is reading a different set of configuration files from those that came with 1.0.1?
New true random number library available at: http://code.google.com/p/avr-hardware-random-number-generation/

Current version 1.0.1

mellis

I haven't seen this, but I wonder if it's a line-ending issue.  Maybe try deleting all the line endings and then re-inserting them? 

Also, do you have anything in the hardware sub-directory of your sketchbook?  It's possible that a boards.txt file there is somehow interfering with the one that comes with the software.

Sorry for the late reply.

Wanderson:  I made sure to not intermix my Arduino directories. But, just for fun, I opened up boards.txt from Arduino 1.0, uncommented Leonardo and checked in the IDE...Leonardo was there as expected. 
I checked last night on my machine at the house (set up for Arduino identically to this machine) and in 1.0.1 Leonardo was there.  I downloaded 1.0.1 to each machine on the same day, within hours of each other.

Mellis: Nothing in my hardware subdir other than arduino and tools folders.  I will try your suggestion and let you know how it went.

xvjeko

Apologies in advance if I've done something stupid.

Just received a shiny new Leonardo from la casa de Sparkfun.  I promptly downloaded the 1.0.1 IDE from here. I installed the driver according to this.

I opened up the IDE and set the port.  I went to change the board but Leonardo was not on the list.

I poked the google machine a couple of times only finding this problem occurring in 1.0 and solved by uncommenting the boards.txt file.  I opened the boards.txt file for the 1.0.1 IDE and found Leonardo there not commented out. 

Has anyone else seen this?  Or, did I do it wrong?

Thanks

aviod unlicenced manufacturers such as sparkfun, you wont get support...

Louis Davis

I think you have been misinformed, Sparkfun has always been an authorized distributor of Arduino products.
See the distributors page under USA, they are the first one listed:
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Buy

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy