Go Down

Topic: Developer Request: Baseclasses and Interfaces (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I would love it if there was some way that all library writers could easily inherit predefined baseclasses when implementing a library for something.

This way we would ensure a intuitive, consistent and clean API for the end user.

There has already been talk about a baseclass for streams/serial objects.

Why not define an API for things like Motors, Temperature Sensors, Range Sensors, things that needs to be polled [like update() or such], things that can be on() or off(), thigs that has a begin() [init() start() construct() setup()] and an end() [stop() destruct() cleanup()] etc etc ?

I have many ideas on this subject, and I have a lot of interface suggestions ready. I'd love a discussion on the matter.

I think it makes sense to define base classes for things that have implementions in the core, like streams.  For other things, it's hard to know what a good API is without concrete use cases.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131