Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TVout to Computer Monitor Using VGA to RCA  (Read 1179 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am trying to use http://www.ebay.com/itm/180663660950?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2092wt_1270 to connect the Arduino TVout library to an external computer monitor, but it's not working. When I plug it in, nothing shows up, but when I disconnect it it says "check video cable." Also whenever I connect it the monitor goes into sleep mode. Why don't I see anything? I am using the Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino IDE version 1.0. Also I am using NTSC and the resolution of 120x96.

Montreal
Faraday Member
Per aspera ad astra.
View Profile

VGA to S-Video/RCA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV
What you need is     S-Video/RCA to  VGA  Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV, which I think will cost more.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

VGA to S-Video/RCA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV
What you need is     S-Video/RCA to  VGA  Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV, which I think will cost more.

Actually - something like a VGA digital tuner; those generally allow you to tune in digital TV, and have composite inputs (sometimes)...

The question, though, is "why" - I mean, the TVOut library makes things somewhat easy, but for the OP: You have seen the work done on VGA output (b/w and color) with an Arduino, right?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:19:19 pm by cr0sh » Logged

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: