Go Down

Topic: TVout to Computer Monitor Using VGA to RCA (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

CDCosma

I am trying to use http://www.ebay.com/itm/180663660950?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2092wt_1270 to connect the Arduino TVout library to an external computer monitor, but it's not working. When I plug it in, nothing shows up, but when I disconnect it it says "check video cable." Also whenever I connect it the monitor goes into sleep mode. Why don't I see anything? I am using the Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino IDE version 1.0. Also I am using NTSC and the resolution of 120x96.

Magician

VGA to S-Video/RCA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV

What you need is     S-Video/RCA to  VGA  Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV, which I think will cost more.

cr0sh

Jun 19, 2012, 05:15 am Last Edit: Jun 19, 2012, 05:19 am by cr0sh Reason: 1

VGA to S-Video/RCA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV

What you need is     S-Video/RCA to  VGA  Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV, which I think will cost more.

Actually - something like a VGA digital tuner; those generally allow you to tune in digital TV, and have composite inputs (sometimes)...

The question, though, is "why" - I mean, the TVOut library makes things somewhat easy, but for the OP: You have seen the work done on VGA output (b/w and color) with an Arduino, right?
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy