Go Down

Topic: Upgrading to Arduino Version 1.0.1 (Read 612 times) previous topic - next topic

I am new to Arduino and initially loaded Version 1.0.  I have an Arduino UNO and am using it reasonably successfully.  Most problems have been lack of knowledge and operator error !!
I now see that Arduino 1.0.1 is the currently supported version of the IDE.  Looking through the release notes I only saw one issue directly afffecting my project - the bug in the Servo library.  I've corrected this in my version 1.0 library.

Could anyone tell me please:
1.  Is it worth upgrading to 1.0.1
2.  If the answer is "Yes" do I need to uninstall 1.0 before loading the new or will it "sort itself out"

Any advice gratefully received.

Considering the changes, I believe that it's definitely worth updating.

You can have as many versions of the Arduino IDE on your computer as you want.  I currently have five versions for testing - 018,020,023,1.0, and 1.0.1. They all play nicely together.

I have 5 also - 18, 21, 22, 1, 1.0.1, the last just for Leonardo support (which have yet to power up! bit too busy).
1.0.1 seems to work ok with Rev3 Uno, and a custom board with optiboot bootloader (just programmed it last night).
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Thanks guys - that was quick !!  I'm pleased about the co-existance, I can now confidently download the new version.  I've just woken up early, done a quick e-mail check and there were the replies!.  I'll do the download now, early morning is a good time here.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131