Go Down

Topic: running the sm5100b off of battery power (Read 459 times) previous topic - next topic

Jun 21, 2012, 01:14 am Last Edit: Jun 21, 2012, 01:52 am by cangeceiro Reason: 1
So i have a circuit with the sm5100b GSM/GPRS shield attached.  now that everything is working I want to power it with out requiring my computer.  Up to this point I have just been using it over usb which has worked fine.  Now i have the system powered via a 12v battery attached to the arduino power supply plug.  At 12 volt the arduino powers up just fine and my sketch begins to run, I have status LEDs to confirm this, however the sm5100b never reports anything back.  If i use a voltage divider to bring the voltage down to 9v, lights are fairly dim, and it appears as though the arduino just keeps reseting itself.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:
I also have tried wiring 2 of the 12v 1.3Ah batteries in parallel to see if it was a problem with current draw and that was also unsuccessful.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy