Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: cheap sound module: what version is this?  (Read 33891 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Since you have yours working have you gone back to give those sd cards you thought were not working a second try? what happens with your busy light when you try to use those bad cards. My light is stays off  I would like to know if my card is really the problem before I order a new one

Argentina
View Profile

Yup, obviously tried them all again. Only Sandisk one did work. Busy light is off when playing. If your busy light keeps on after resetting, please, change the sd card.

View Profile

Update, I misread your diagram, I hooked up to analog pins 2-4 and you used digital. I switch my pin hook and now I am at the point of getting nothing but little quit beeps when the track tries to read.

View Profile

and I am up and working.  I am surprised your SD cards do not work. My card is pretty generic, it does not even have a brand name on it, it came out of my phone.

Argentina
View Profile

I am so happy for that. Are you using my source code?

Last night I re-formatted the sd cards using SD-formatter application. Copied 19 sound files in each one. Original Kingston did work this time, but only for a few seconds for each file. Sandisk did the same, but each song was a few more seconds long than Kingstone.

Those are the ones working so far despite the playback problem:

and a fake one that did not work:

Could take a picture of yours?

Attached one of the audio files I am trying to play.

* 0015.ad4 (3680.35 KB - downloaded 19 times.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:10:25 pm by the-rebel-agent » Logged

View Profile

I used some of your code, basically just the reset module and the piece that actaully plays the sounds. I taylored it to meet my needs by playing on button push that I have hooked up to a switch so that I can switch between blast and stun sounds. I also added leds for when each of the sounds play as well as a button debounce.

here is a 2gb version of the card I am using. The modules can only handly 1gb and that is what I currently have in there but the 2gb looks just like my 1gb

View Profile

I have my board configured for another project right now so I won't be able to test your sound for a few days. I currently have 2 arduinos and am probably going to order a third (1 of mine I leave hooked up to program ATtiny chips so really I only have 1 board to . It will just be easier so I don't have to keep changing stuff out.

Argentina
View Profile

Wow, so basically my code really works for other devices than mine and your micro sd card is really oem. I contacted the chip manufacturer and the eBay vendor asking for directions about SD brands. eBay vendor just told me that probably is about reading speed. Testing my cards right now to check reading speed. Manufacturer told me that they will handle me manual for V 1.5 asap they have it updated.

Argentina
View Profile

Faster sd card I have is 7.4 Mb/sec. Kingston fakes are 6.17 Mb/sec. Read testing of course. What about you? You can check your read/write transfer rate using ht2 app for windows or f3 for linux.

View Profile

I am not sure the read speed is your issue with that one card.
My card is only reading at around 2.5mbs

View Profile

I did go ahead and order one of those WTM-20  sound modules. If I can't notice a large difference in sound quality I will stick with the WTV for my project simply because the price difference.
It looks like the WTM modules use that serialwrite protocall with the advert01 folder and config files that I was first trying to use the the WTV.

Oz
God Member
View Profile

Hi guys.

I'm kind of wanting to go down this path myself.

One thing which I find "interesting".

Why do you have buttons on the actual sound card?

As the Arduino is the engine of this, why not connect the inputs to unused Arduino output pins and have the Arduino FULLY control the card?

Just asking.

View Profile

Why do you have buttons on the actual sound card?

As the Arduino is the engine of this, why not connect the inputs to unused Arduino output pins and have the Arduino FULLY control the card?

There are not buttons on the actaul sound module, I connected a button to my arduino so that I could play a sound on button push.

The reason for using the module vs rigging up pins to the card is simply a convience also you only have to connect 3 pins using the module vs having to connect how many pins the card has

Oz
God Member
View Profile

Yeah, fair enough in a lot of ways:
If the unit has buttons, why make other ones and lose inputs on the Arduino.

However, *IF* there are existing input/s buttons/switches already on the Arduino to do other things, you could use them anyway.  Just with a menu option or something.

Argentina
View Profile

I am not sure the read speed is your issue with that one card.
My card is only reading at around 2.5mbs
Only at 2.5MB/sec? OMG, that  third of mine and still working. Got another memory today from Germany. Sandisk which is 7.38MB/sec. Did not have the chance to test it, but It is quite similar like the one I already have. Still waiting an answer from the vendor or/and manufacturer. smiley-confuse

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Jump to: