cheap sound module: what version is this?

I am well aware that our generic module shares the same IC than SOMO14 and that compliant one. BUT, I am pretty sure they modify it somehow to support both control modes. Will test mine right away in mp3 key mode to make sure only works in serial mode. Keep you posted. BTW, I updated the library adding new features.

You were absolutely right. Mine works in key mode and serial mode. Nevertheless, the seller assured me this was serial-control mode only. Now makes sense for me SOMO14 dual functionality. I can confirm that V 1.5 could work both ways. Not pretty sure about previous versions of this audio module. Tested play, pin 9 to ground, and next, pin 13 to ground. Both worked out just fine. Did try this mode the first time, but since my first sd card was not working, never tried it again. Thanks to you to make me back to test this mode.

I do not compriendi. with a module you were stopped, as tested and not operated in serial mode, but now he works as a key? is it? you're with a module that is working just the way key? microsd tested with another brand? My module works with any brand.

friend, you realized that I do not know any English, right? I use google translator. I'm in Brazil. to understand what the google translate this?

ps: I will not stop my tests until the module has burned or run. :smiley: kkkkkk. it has to work, I'll redo this module as the module soundout

you have to compress and send me the data from your memory card?

Spanish:
Lo que te quiero decir es que mi modulo funcionó en ambos modos, serie y modo teclas. Te adjunto uno de los ad4 que se que funcionan.

English:
What I meant is that my module worked out in both ways, serial mode and key mode. I am attaching one of the ad4 that I really know is working.

0018.ad4 (3.21 MB)

Obrigado amigo, mas eu desisto. ja nao tenho mais o que fazer, pois até modifiquei o circuito e nao obtive sucesso.

Thanks buddy, but I quit. ja not have what to do, because even modified the circuit and not been successful.

Finally did what I wanted to do from the very beginning with this audio module:

Entire post and source code here:

Migrated to Arduino Mini Pro Artic Edition:

Will be optimizing the circuit as well the software. But have to report that audio module and library I wrote did work like a charm.

cool!
did u get a replacement or did you buy another module from the same seller? are u still using the 5volts?

as a matter of fact, that one is the second one I bought. Still waiting for a replacement. 2nd one is working on 3.3v. did not dare to turn to 5v yet until I get a replacement for the first one. :stuck_out_tongue:

how is the sound quality? the sound is not very loud on the video so i can't judge. As you can hear on my past test-video there is a lot of noise background (i was using also a mini-amp module)

Pretty decent. Played a few tracks from a PSB album I had converted and they were very cool and loud. I also bought an amp:

Still waiting to receive it. Keep you posted.

PS: Volume can be modified by software in this board.

that amplifier uses another PAM IC thanthe one i bought (PAM8403)

Here you have the eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170850491058?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

What attracted me from this amp was that is quite small and have two buttons to control the volume. AND could be controlled by Arduino.

ok i see, same output and D-class as mine, seems a step forward for the voltage (a range 3.3-5.5v instead of 5v only), the digital control of vulume and the size.
Also a bit better Signal/Noise Ratio.

http://www.datasheetdir.com/PAM8803NHR+download

Got it today. REALLY small. Soldered pin headers and tried to connect it. I could not, cause I did not have coupling capacitors as recommend in the Wtv020sd16p datasheet. Unfortunately, tomorrow I am flying to Orlando, so won't be able to test it until September. Keep you posted guys.

onesky:
how is the sound quality? the sound is not very loud on the video so i can't judge. As you can hear on my past test-video there is a lot of noise background (i was using also a mini-amp module)

Did you get your WTM module to work. Mine finally showed up but I am not sure how to connect it. I would like to see if there is a sound quality difference

Hi all,

I also bought these modules.

I want to use them with a 5V Arduino.
As I have V1.5, I can choose between 3,3V and 5V.

But I don't see any 3,3V regulator on the board. As a result, how can the board supply the SD card with 3,3V (remember that SD cards only works with 2,5V-3,6V !) ?

Can anyone confirm that if I change the strap position from 3,3V to 5V and supply it with 5V, my 3,3V SD Card won't burn ?

Other questions, do someone have tried 2GB cards (not 4Gb or more SDHC card) with a 1GB partition ?

Thanks

Sn4ke:
Hi all,

I also bought these modules.

I want to use them with a 5V Arduino.
As I have V1.5, I can choose between 3,3V and 5V.

But I don't see any 3,3V regulator on the board. As a result, how can the board supply the SD card with 3,3V (remember that SD cards only works with 2,5V-3,6V !) ?

Can anyone confirm that if I change the strap position from 3,3V to 5V and supply it with 5V, my 3,3V SD Card won't burn ?

Other questions, do someone have tried 2GB cards (not 4Gb or more SDHC card) with a 1GB partition ?

Thanks

the IC datasheet says "If MCU is 5V powered , you have to connect 470? resistors between MCU and WTV chips cables , because it is 3.3V power the WTV chip."
so i presume there are resistors on the 1.5 version of this module because mine did not burn and works fine as you can see on my previous videos. But you must change the soldered pin to 5v.
The problem is that the sound quality is low, there is background noise, it doesn't support the much more versatile UART serial communication RS-232 of arduino.

Thanks for your answer.

I will use this module to build an alarm clock. I hope the sound quality will be good enough for this use.

the-rebel-agent:
Got it today. REALLY small. Soldered pin headers and tried to connect it. I could not, cause I did not have coupling capacitors as recommend in the Wtv020sd16p datasheet. Unfortunately, tomorrow I am flying to Orlando, so won't be able to test it until September. Keep you posted guys.

Back to work. Will be testing this amp tonight. Keep you posted guys./ Good to be back BTW/