Go Down

Topic: So much stuff! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Ran Talbott

I've also taken to putting Rs and Cs into small (1.5x3 or 2x4 inch) ziplock bags.  I made a nice score on the clearance aisle of those semi-disposable imitation Tupperware sandwich-size boxes a couple years back, and have a few dozen of them with resistors (split by multiplier) and other small parts.  They're less likely to spill than the partitioned boxes, and much easier to clean up when they do if the components are bagged.  Also handy when you're pulling parts to stuff a PCB: you can use one as a "kit container", and have all the parts in one box when you're ready to solder.

For larger (in size or volume) parts, I like the mailing boxes about the size of a ream of paper: they stack well on shelves, and are easier to look through than the plastic shoeboxes that I use for bulkier items.  And suprisingly durable:  I have many that I've been using for over ten years,  and still have a couple that some of my S-100 boards were shipped in (though they're getting little fuzzy around the edges).

madworm

I made the mistake of putting my resistors in a partitioned box.

Next time get one of the more advanced boxes. These come with a safety feature - a lid!
• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

MichaelMeissner

Next time get one of the more advanced boxes. These come with a safety feature - a lid!

Of course you do have to latch the lid.  Particularly if you are trying to find something and a cat/dog/2 year old come around at the wrong time.   :smiley-roll-blue:

I've also taken to putting Rs and Cs into small (1.5x3 or 2x4 inch) ziplock bags.  I made a nice score on the clearance aisle of those semi-disposable imitation Tupperware sandwich-size boxes a couple years back, and have a few dozen of them with resistors (split by multiplier) and other small parts.

My daughter has recently gotten into jewelry making, and now we have lots and lots of small plastic bags floating around the house.  That and a label maker help a bit.  As I breadboard stuff, I was making custom power/ground wires that are just the appropriate size instead of using the generic MM/MF wires, and now I got a sensor shield IV so that each thing connected has its own 2 or 3 connected cable rather than using common ground and power.

Go Up