Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00  (Read 1111 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have an ARDUINO Diecimila with ATmega 168 chip in it. I installed the drivers for the ARDUINO and after successfully installing the drivers i tried many example sketches which are available in the arduino IDE such as BLINK, FADE, BLINK WITHOUT DELAY, the serial port and the board were also selected properly in the ARDUINO IDE and the program worked superbly.

But i don't know what happened suddenly, when i tried to upload another sketch into the board the error message "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" appeared in the IDE. from then onwards whichever program i upload i'm getting the same error even in another computer

Then i referred to the troubleshooting section and tried everything possible but the problem wasn't solved. I Even changed the chip in the Arduino [Atmega168 A PU] but when i tried to burn the bootloader i'm getting the same error. Now i'm totally confused in what to do and the final dates for the submission of the project is also nearing... someone please help me out...

* arduino_serial_kit_2.jpg (12.08 KB, 265x265 - viewed 23 times.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:55:53 am by Rduino » Logged

Lake Michigan
Albanian
View Profile

I am having the same issue. Do you have something plugged into the vcc and ground headers of the arduino? If so, take the wires out of the headers, and then try to re-upload your sketch.

Barcelona (Spain)
View Profile

I have the same problem, but I am working with an Arduino UNO.
Have you test any solution?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

When that message appears, there is a link to the Troubleshooting section of the help in the output window. Where, in that section, did you find "Whine on the forum"? Nowhere near the top, that's for sure.

After you've gone through the troubleshooting steps, you should have some idea of the kind of information we need to help you solve the problem.

Barcelona (Spain)
View Profile

Hello.
Foolios:
I have solved my problem.
I had connected a Max 485 in 0 and 1 pins. In the moment of the transference these pins must be free.

PaulS:
in the output window there is not any link, at least, i don´t see it in Arduino 1.0.1.
However, if you don´t know the exactly answer, it´s not necessary to be dissagreable.

Lake Michigan
Albanian
View Profile

Do you mean the Digital TX(1) and RX(0) pins?

Barcelona (Spain)
View Profile

Yes
These pins are shared with the USB port, i think

Lake Michigan
Albanian
View Profile

I don't have anything in those pins.

When that message appears, there is a link to the Troubleshooting section of the help in the output window. Where, in that section, did you find "Whine on the forum"? Nowhere near the top, that's for sure.
After you've gone through the troubleshooting steps, you should have some idea of the kind of information we need to help you solve the problem.

Can you post a screenie? I am not seeing it either.

Barcelona (Spain)
View Profile

You must search i Menu>Help>troubleshooting.
The first section is
"Why I can't upload my programs to the Arduino board?"

Lake Michigan
Albanian
View Profile

Try uploading with nothing connected to the board (apart from the USB cable, of course).

Well, that's pretty much what I do, I disconnect power from the +/- pins to get the upload to work. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that everytime I upload a sketch.

Welp, okies...

View Profile

Hi i am doing the rainbow cube from rainbowduino on C++ programming. the link for the rainbow cube that i am doing is http://seeedstudio.com/wiki/Rainbow_Cube. the programming codes that i have error on is on cube 2. the error is avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: