Go Down

Topic: Problems with Windows and Arduino UNO rev3 [solved] (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

marcus barnet

Jun 23, 2012, 01:07 pm Last Edit: Jun 26, 2012, 08:44 am by Nick Gammon Reason: 1
I'm having a weird problem with Arduino UNO rev3 and Windows XP.

I always used Arduino with my MAC OSX, but during these days, i'm trying to use Arduino on Windows XP and when i plug the USB cable, Windows is not able to recognize the device.

On the contrary, it is able to recognize Arduino Mega without problems, so I think there is some problems only with Arduino UNO.
I have different Arduino UNO boards and no one is recognized by Windows XP.

If i try to update the usb driver by specifying the Arduino driver directory, it founds no new driver files.
I also tried to install these drivers: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm without any success.

Can you help me, please?
I really need to make Arduino UNO work on my Windows XP

mellis

You don't need the FTDI drivers because the Uno uses a different USB to serial chip.  Which directory are you indicating when trying to install the drivers?  Make sure it's the main "drivers" directory, not the FTDI sub-directory.

marcus barnet

Thanks a lot, the problem was that i selected the sub-folder and not the main driver folder.

I solved it :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy