Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ethernet Mega Shield + 3.2" Touch LCD shield  (Read 1836 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have a similar question as posted ages ago here (without answers): http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,20138.0.html

I am trying to use the Mega Ethernet Shield and a 3.2" TFT LCD with touch screen and SD card reader. According to the documentation, the SD Card PINS that comes with the LCD are conflicting with some pins on the Ethernet shield. In addition, I am using ITDB02_Touch  and UTFT libraries from http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics.

Also, everything works well separately. I mean, I can browse the ethernet pages and touch the screen. However, after I first touch in the screen the ethernet becomes unresponsive.

I don't really need the SD card and as far as I can see in the code the SD isn't being activated, unless I implicit activate it.

Any thoughts on how to use both Ethernet and touch screen together?

Thanks,
Franklin Dattein

what?
View Profile

Hi,
How are you powering this?
from experience USB alone won't be enought to power Mega + Ethernet + ITDB02 + 3.2" Touch

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am powering only with USB, which could explain why some functions with little or nor code are causing the controller to restart.

In regards to the LCD + ethercard working together, I found a workaround by disabling the PIN 4, after reading the touch event, like below:
Code:
void loop() {

if (myTouch.dataAvailable()) {
           myTouch.read();
   touchX = myTouch.getX();
   touchY = 240 - myTouch.getY();
}
disableSD();
}

void disableSD() {
pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(4, HIGH);
}

View Profile

Hello Franklin!

Thanks a lot for this post, i am trying to do exactly the same as you... Could you also be so kind as to describe how you cabled the screen shield, including physically?

Thanks in advance...

Old school geek :P
View Profile

Hi,

I was also wondering if it was possible to plug booth LCD touch screen and ethernet shields on my mega board.
After looking at pinouts, soldering some wires on the shield, I can confirm that it is possible.

It works perfectly (screen and network). Didn't try the SD slots yet.
SD card works using the reader on the ethernet shield, not the one on the LCD shield.
I just plug the pin 4 on the ethernet shield to the pin 9 on the megaboard and change the code to use pin 9 as chip select.

Code:
const int chipSelect = 9;   

If you are still interested, I can post schematic and pics.

/vAx
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:55:35 am by vAx » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: