Go Down

Topic: What is happening to the ARM based Arduino (Read 2602 times) previous topic - next topic

bolts

It seems that not much information has been available since the initial launch of the ARM based Arduino.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Any idea when it will be available?

Graynomad

Well you might ask.

There are a few in circulation with trusted beta testers, apart from that the information release by Arduino has been conspicuous by its absence.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Somebody must, but you'll get no answers on the forum.

Any idea when it will be available?

27 December, give or take 6 months.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

kd7eir

This silent treatment is really a slap in the face to the very people that are the biggest supporters of Arduino.  I really like the Arduino concept, but this silence has caused me to purchase more capable products from other companies and start learning them.  There is just no excuse for the way that this has been handled.  Deadlines can slip, plans can change.  All it takes is a little common courtesy and communication to explain the what/where/why of a product being nearly a year late.

I hate to sound prejudicial, but is it just a culture gap such that Italians do not believe that the rest of the world is deserving of open, honest communications?

Graynomad

Yes I don't think it's been very well handled.

______
Rob

iyahdub

I think its better than doing like Raspberry Pi coming out with all kind of silly statements just to end up doing quite the opposite of what they said, and ending up the joke of the century, with the worst ever PR failure...At least Arduino team aint cocking it all up by saying crap !!
10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

Graynomad

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Somewhere in the middle would have been nice.

______
Rob

PGT

any thoughts on what kind of Arm chip ? or some wild guessing ??
as i read here something that might be cool (it if is used), a cortex m4 made by amtel.
http://ir.atmel.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=618046

i hope it will not be another clone of arduno uno / deminove / ...

Graynomad

tim7

iyahdub, why are you bashing the Raspberry Pi people?  Four months after the announcement of their very first product, tens of thousands of people have got their hands on a Raspberry Pi.  And the manufacturers have been in regular contact with those still waiting.

Whereas nine months after the "launch" of the Due it is still not publicly available at all, and there's been no news of any progress.

chrishjones

I'm with tim7 on this one. I have a Raspberry Pi showing up any day now. I don't mind deadlines slipping as long as you keep me in the loop.

I just had a custom 2560 board made and really need a 32-bit processor and am looking into non-Arduino platforms now because of the lack of any communication from Arduino.

iyahdub

iyahdub, why are you bashing the Raspberry Pi people?  Four months after the announcement of their very first product, tens of thousands of people have got their hands on a Raspberry Pi.  And the manufacturers have been in regular contact with those still waiting.

Whereas nine months after the "launch" of the Due it is still not publicly available at all, and there's been no news of any progress.

Not bashing no...Just noting the fact that their pr campaign was/is the joke of the century in several ways !! It cant even be sold to kids anymore, as they wanted to, after having had to go through a reclassification.
As far as i can gather, they actually have a nice product; Though i actually cancelled one of the orders i had so i can order one of the Olimex forthcoming similar products instead.
10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

Grumpy_Mike

It cant even be sold to kids anymore, as they wanted to, after having had to go through a reclassification.

What makes you say that?

There is nothing in the classification it has that prevents sales to anyone.

iyahdub

I was told by someone from the team., personally that the board was reclassificated and cant be sold to kids anymore... If you say different you must know better then... Im just selling you the fish i been sold. Ring Farnelll and ask them, for example, and they should be able to confirm( or not) the fact !!
10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

iyahdub

http://arduino.cc/blog/2012/06/28/android-adk2012-is-here/
About what is happening with DUE !!
10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

tim7

Just noting the fact that their pr campaign was/is the joke of the century in several ways !!

Why is that?  For sure there are still many people waiting to get their hands on a RPi board, and some of those have been quite vocal about their impatience.  But if you take the trouble to read about the Raspberry Pi Foundation you'll soon see that they have done everything humanly possible to satisfy demand.

Likewise I'm sure there are sound reasons for the unavailability of the Arduino Due.  It would be nice to know a few of the details, but recognise that I don't have the right to demand that information.

It cant even be sold to kids anymore, as they wanted to, after having had to go through a reclassification.

Although I've followed the launch fairly closely, I have not heard anything about such a restriction.  A Raspberry Pi is (hopefully) on its way to me right now, and nobody has asked my age.

Go Up