Go Down

Topic: copy and paste board(to make writing code faster+easier) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ajrenzetti

Has anyone ever used the copy and paste board on microsoft word? basically, every cut and copy you make is stored on a table for future use. Something like that on the arduino compiler would be nice, as well as having the option to assign hotkeys for pasting certain code. Since a lot of code is usually repeated, it would make writing a program a lot faster and easier.

James C4S

Since a lot of code is usually repeated, it would make writing a program a lot faster and easier.

It is?  Like what?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

cr0sh

Has anyone ever used the copy and paste board on microsoft word? basically, every cut and copy you make is stored on a table for future use. Something like that on the arduino compiler would be nice, as well as having the option to assign hotkeys for pasting certain code. Since a lot of code is usually repeated, it would make writing a program a lot faster and easier.

If you're repeating code, that means you need to refactor the code into functions (and/or a function library, or a class, etc).
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Jantje

Hi
I like long variable names. So I used the copy and past board (and before that a non Microsoft tool that does the same) to hold variable names in the past. As I code mostly in eclipse now the auto complete makes this functionality unnecessary.
If you are using a text editor to write code it is handy.
As other people stated just using it for copying code may not be a smart move. However many IDE's today have the concept of inserting sniplets (small pieces of code that are used often). In arduino I could see the setup and loop methods there. And the serial.begin();
My view on this: It can be handy but it should be used "smart"
Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy