Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: copy and paste board(to make writing code faster+easier)  (Read 1205 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Has anyone ever used the copy and paste board on microsoft word? basically, every cut and copy you make is stored on a table for future use. Something like that on the arduino compiler would be nice, as well as having the option to assign hotkeys for pasting certain code. Since a lot of code is usually repeated, it would make writing a program a lot faster and easier.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Since a lot of code is usually repeated, it would make writing a program a lot faster and easier.
It is?  Like what?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Has anyone ever used the copy and paste board on microsoft word? basically, every cut and copy you make is stored on a table for future use. Something like that on the arduino compiler would be nice, as well as having the option to assign hotkeys for pasting certain code. Since a lot of code is usually repeated, it would make writing a program a lot faster and easier.

If you're repeating code, that means you need to refactor the code into functions (and/or a function library, or a class, etc).

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

Hi
I like long variable names. So I used the copy and past board (and before that a non Microsoft tool that does the same) to hold variable names in the past. As I code mostly in eclipse now the auto complete makes this functionality unnecessary.
If you are using a text editor to write code it is handy.
As other people stated just using it for copying code may not be a smart move. However many IDE's today have the concept of inserting sniplets (small pieces of code that are used often). In arduino I could see the setup and loop methods there. And the serial.begin();
My view on this: It can be handy but it should be used "smart"
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: