Hello, I'm fairly new to programming, but I'm experienced with electronics, which is why I need to hire a programmer to help me with an infrared distance measuring device.
Essentially I want to be able to tell the device how far I want to get away from the wall (shorter distances) and I want it to alert me when I reach that distance. Here's how I want it to work...
- Turn on the device.
- Use a free spinning knob dial to adjust the distance on a display. For example, if I want to get 3 cm away from the wall, then I would adjust the dial to 3 cm.
- There will be 3 separate buttons to change the distances to cm, mm, or inches.
- After the distance is set, one would place the device against the wall, and hit a calibrate button that zeroes the sensor as well as turning on a small red LED.
- When one starts to pull away from the wall, the red LED turns off and another green LED turns on with low intensity.
- As one approaches the desired distance, the green LED gets more intense.
- When the distance is reached, the green LED starts to blink quickly.
- One can then place it against the wall again, and use the calibrate button to reset it.
If you're interested please email me at email@example.com
. Thank you for any potential help. I'm just lost and I really want to get this project done.