Go Down

Topic: Looking for macegr and info on his "Centipede shield" (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

lost_and_confused

Jul 17, 2012, 04:23 am Last Edit: Jul 17, 2012, 06:01 am by lost_and_confused Reason: 1
macegr,

I've pulled the code appart and can't resolve the RTC and EEPROM's addresses.

So  I am still confused about "how" if I pick the same address as one of those, that these "collisions" won't happen.

The address I put on the MCP would determin the pin numbes it has when I want to set the pins high/low.

Is that right?

P.S.
I found this bit of reading:
Each device you use on the I2C bus must have a unique address. For some devices e.g. serial memory you can set the lower address bits using input pins on the device others have a fixed internal address setting e.g. a real time clock DS1307.

All my efforts to download a PDF falis.
I shall have to wait until I get home.  But that is real interesting reading.

lost_and_confused

Macegr,

I'm confused.....   Yeah, well, that's normal for me.

But until now we have been talking about an MCP and the I2C bus - right?

Looking at your example sketch (http://docs.macetech.com/doku.php/shiftbrite#code_example) that is on the SPI bus.
"The following Arduino code illustrates using the built-in SPI hardware for faster updates, "

In fact over on the left of the screen where the example scripts are listed I see this:

Simple Test
    Rusty VU
    ATTiny & AVR-GCC
    AVR Assembler
    Hardware SPI Example
    Non-hardware SPI Example
    OctoBrite on ATTiny84 with HW SPI

That's three SPI references and even the SIMPLE TEST is SPI.

Granted a bit further down on the original mentioned page, there is an I2C example.....

When I ran that I get alternate black and white lines on the LCD screen.

Black as in the (oh boy....  what is the CHR$() value?   The inverted blank character.....)

So one line of those, one line of clear, one line of them again and the last line clear.

That is a simple cut/paste job and as a function in my sketch.

Shall maybe try as is, but .....

Go Up