Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: New board - '1284 Mini  (Read 9412 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have this note on the schematic at the top of the page:

"Mighty1284/Bobuino Board Type"

Guess I could use some suggestions on ways to make that stand out more, or different wording or something.
Hate to see folks struggle over something that could be made be simpler.

Maybe ""Mighty1284 core/Bobuino Board Type in IDE" and put it on the layout and PL too?
Need it to catch folk's eyes somehow.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Office meets Adruino
View Profile

As I posted prior in the thread.

Its not that you have not documented it. The problem is more information overload. With three threads in the microcontroller section of the forum dealing with the 1284 and 644 chips  and following them all with interest while  I was building the boards I just took the most repeated advice.

In my haste to program and play with the boards I assumed they were all alike. I assumed they all shared the same "Mighty" phrase in the name so I picked up on that to assume they were simular and the bootloaders and files were interchangable.

Now that it has been mentioned in the thread the chances are that fewer people will make the same mistake.

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
Warning Novice on board! 0 to 1 chance of errors!
View Profile

I suffered from the "board type" confusion a little bit with the Bobuino. It pretty much came down to the fact that I was new to the 1284 and didn't realize the difference between boards.

I liked your instructions that came with the Bobuino, they helped me a lot. I don't think you need very much instructions for the Mini because it is so basic. You could make a small right up about the pin out and LED connections. Perhaps include the direct port manipulation code (that included the 1284 bobuino) that Nick Gammon made a will back for all of the Arduino Atmega chips.

By the way, I got my bootloaders into my new boards on the first try! I put a FTDI male header on them, hopefully I will get a sketch loaded this weekend and watch the magic!

Office meets Adruino
View Profile

Just been playing around.

I hooked it up to an GLCD and a TSL230r

* tlc230rl.png (2382.28 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 46 times.)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Cool!

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Jump to: