Go Down

Topic: Dumping of rare cartridges (Read 4166 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Got the intended schematic?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Gamekin

I made a new schematic. Sorry if it's not the standard and I haven't wired all ADR lines. I haven't used fritzing before.

The question is, if the main logic is correct (how to wire CE, SRCLR) and if I can use pin 10 SS as latch pin, and (values of) resistors and capacitors.

Although 20 ADR lines, the multicarts should only use 512 K, Still the question for the dumping speed and if the code is correct or can be optimized.
How about coding with FTDI drivers and USB speed. Same code as for serial connection and internal conversion? Maximum speed for USB 2.0 or 1.1?   

CrossRoads

Too big - can't scroll around a 7482 x 5646 image.
Scale it down to like 1200 wide max.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Gamekin

Gamekin

One more try.

Can you say something about the dumping speed with the code I have given? I think I can use up to 57600 bauds with the PromIni
I need to dump 512 KB using FTDI drivers (USB 2.0).

CrossRoads

Jan 22, 2014, 06:39 pm Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014, 07:02 pm by CrossRoads Reason: 1
Code: [Select]
I don't think I've seen any code?
USB 2 will support any speed the '328P can generate.
For instance:
[code]
digitalWrite (addressSS, LOW);
SPI.transfer (addByte0);
SPI.transfer(addByte1);
SPI.transfer(addByte2);
digitalWrite (addressSS, HIGH);
digitalWrite (cardOE, LOW);
digitalWrite (cardCE, LOW);
cardOut = PIND; // assuming the 8 bits can all come in this 1 port, for simplicity of example
digitalWrite (cardCE, HIGH);
digitalWrite (cardOE, HIGH);
Serial.write (cardOut);

Put that in a loop in a loop in a loop to create the three address bytes:
Code: [Select]

for (addByte2 = 0; addByte2 <16; addByte2 = addByte2 +1){ //4 upper address bits
  for (addByte1 = 0; addByte1 <=255; addByte1 = addByte1 + 1){ // middle 8
     for (addByte0 = 0; addByte0 <=255; addByte0 = addByte0 +1){ // lower 8
     // spi transfers above
     }
   }
 }

FTDI/USB will have no trouble keeping up with that.[/code]

Gamekin

Jan 22, 2014, 07:36 pm Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014, 07:38 pm by Gamekin Reason: 1
The code is a few posts earlier

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=207306.msg1548620#msg1548620

Still don't know about the dumping speed (I guess 1-2 minutes) and if the schematic and protoboard setup is correct.
Also unsure about the latch pin and other problems mentioned earlier.

CrossRoads

For the HC595:
OE/ (sometimes named G), tie it Low.
SRCLR/ or MSTCLR/, tie it High.
SRCLK, rising edge moves data into the shift register - this would connect to SCK for SPI.transfer
RCLK, rising edge moves data to the output of the shift register. This is the SS, or Latch.

Gamekin

I have finally hooked it all up and tried to dump it. Uploading the sketch worked.

No output on the serial monitor.

Probably my code is wrong?

I tried 57600 and 9600 baud. What about parity settings, stop bits, flow control?

Go Up