Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: multiple wireless transmitters  (Read 1289 times)
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

yes, the pins could be a problem. for the wired solution we are going to need 6-7 pins.

Well, an Uno has 20 IO pins. Two of those are used for rx/tx serial, so say 18. SPI is 3 more that leaves 15. csn. ce and irq pins for transceiver module control leaves 12.

So 12 pins to play with after serial tx/rx and pins needed for a transceiver module. I wouldn't be rushing out to get a Mega just yet!

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

View Profile

Thank you for all the great tips, I am doing a similar project and this has already answered quite a few questions.

I will be reading up on all this, which may make my following question obsolete, but here it goes...

How would you go about setting up a system with multiple base stations (receivers) each with a 1:1 dynamic relationship to up to 6 slave stations (transmitters)

For example, I would like to have my slave stations connect to a base station dynamically... similar to a wireless mouse with the connect button to connect it to a base. To connect it to a second base you push connect again on the mouse and the connect button on the second base and the mouse is now paired with the second base and not the first anymore.

Are there any tips on how to go about setting something like that up?

Thanks,
Opal

God Member
View Profile

Are there any tips on how to go about setting something like that up?

Assign a different frequency channel to each base (can be dynamically changed through programming interface, refer to datasheet). Then, switch selected channel on each client to connect to the appropriate base.

You could also use the same channel for all bases, and use different addresses for each base instead, but the channel switching approach allows for less opportunity for interference between bases.

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

View Profile

You could also use the same channel for all bases, and use different addresses for each base instead, but the channel switching approach allows for less opportunity for interference between bases.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will have to go with the second approach. It has to be user-friendly, as the slave stations will be aquired seperatly and an end user will be the one doing the connecting, thus requireing the solution to be as dummy-proof as possible.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: