Go Down

Topic: Problem with IDG500 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

MarkT

I finally found the solution: connecting AZ pin to ground makes everything work.

Ah, nasty.  The AZ pin is supposed to be pulsed high for between 2us and 1500us after powering up (or when calibrating at any point the gyro is stationary) to tare the output.  If not used it should be kept low.  The Sparkfun breakout wiring diagram is plain wrong (they would have done much better to connect it to GND on the breakout, taring can be done digitally). 

The IDG-500 chip has an internal pull-up on this pin rather than a more sensible pull-down.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

davidvg

I have found no information about how AZ pin works, so thank you.
I will modify my code as soon as I have a moment and include your suggestion in the calibration function.

MarkT

I have found no information about how AZ pin works, so thank you.
I will modify my code as soon as I have a moment and include your suggestion in the calibration function.

google "IDG-500 datasheet pdf"
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

davidvg

google "IDG-500 datasheet pdf"

I read the datasheet one month ago. I just didn't found that step necessary as it is explained as an improvement of the measure and not as a necessary step to make it work, that's what I mean when I say I found no info on how it works. I guess I misunderstood it.

Go Up