Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How would I control these stepper motors with this driver?  (Read 503 times)
California
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I would like to control 2 stepper motors like this one: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/105735/MITSUMI/M42SP-7.html

Using this motor controller, a 24volt transformer power supply and the arduino:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180898363604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5489wt_1189

I appreciate any help.

Proud Member of the Nighthawk Robotics Club Team 569 B

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Firstly I'd check which version of that motor you're talking about - there appears to be a 12V version (windings 50 ohms) and a 24V version (windings 150 ohms).  It claims to be unipolar but I can't see how many wires it is.

Anyway with H-bridge drivers you only need to connect as if bipolar to the four wires that are at the end of the windings (there are some caveats if its a 5-wire unipolar motor as opposed to 6 or smiley-cool

And there are several sequences in which the windings can be driven (wave mode, full stepping, half-stepping).  For lowest power consumption wave mode only energises one winding at a time (but has lower torque). full stepping energises both windings, half-stepping is a combination of the two to get twice as many steps.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

California
View Profile

Sorry, to clarify this motor is the 24v version with 4 wires. Which wires do I connect where? Which wires do I connect where? There is a brown, yellow, orange, and black, and output 1, 2, 3, and 4. Also where do you put the input? to the +5v or the +12v will it step it up to 24v?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:57:35 pm by mykiscool » Logged

California
View Profile

Also those settings like wave and half step, are those in the programming?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: