Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Checking whiat firmware was preinstalled.  (Read 967 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey,
I am using an arduino melzi board that had the firmware pre-installed. I have read a million posts on updating the firmware but I cannot find any on querying what firmware is already installed. Is there a command to do this and is it possible to download the current setup in case I screw up the software?

Canada
Code Monkey
View Profile

Hey,
I am using an arduino melzi board that had the firmware pre-installed. I have read a million posts on updating the firmware but I cannot find any on querying what firmware is already installed. Is there a command to do this and is it possible to download the current setup in case I screw up the software?

Yeah, check some posts by Nick Gammon and others. There are a few sketches floating around that will report on fuses and bootloader versions.

I yield() for co-routines.

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Are you talking about the Melzi from RepRap?  Because those are not Arduino boards.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Yeah, check some posts by Nick Gammon and others. There are a few sketches floating around that will report on fuses and bootloader versions.

Such as: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11633

Canada
Code Monkey
View Profile

Such as: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11633

This and a few other tools I've seen ought to be a sticky thread...

I yield() for co-routines.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: