Go Down

Topic: need to store data in database. (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

jonyjakee

i am trying to work with ethernet shield with sd card.

i need to use the database to store my datas.

Is it possible to  use the database in storing my datas in the sd card.

Please help me with the simple sample programs.

PaulS

i need to use the database to store my datas.

What database?

Is it possible to  use the database in storing my datas in the sd card.

What database? A relational database consists of a lot more than just data storage.

Please help me with the simple sample programs.

There are simple samples (provided) for reading and writing to SD cards. Creating a database application that uses the SD card as the data repository is possible but not simple.

jonyjakee

What database?

i am planning to use SQL for data base.

I am planning to send data from android mobile and it should receive in router to eternet shield and it shold store the data in the exact tables in the data base.

Is the things possible.

PaulS

i am planning to use SQL for data base.

SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is not specific to any particular relational database.

I am planning to send data from android mobile and it should receive in router to eternet shield and it shold store the data in the exact tables in the data base.

Is the things possible.

Not unless you intend to develop a relational database program for the Arduino. Doing so in 32K of program space with 2K of SRAM will be a real challenge.

Jack Christensen

I like to say that anything is possible, given enough time and money, but an Arduino is probably not going to be capable of running an SQL database. Given that, I don't see a need for an Arduino at all from the rather brief description here. Just have the Android device send the data directly to the database server and cut out the middle-man.
MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Go Up