Go Down

Topic: Linear Charlieplexing diagram (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I have been working up to building a large, round, LED clock with 72 LEDs.

Since the project is too big for a circuit board, I have to wire the LEDs in place, in a large plastic ring.  I searched for hours, and hadn't found a suitable diagram for how to charlieplex 72 LEDs in a linear format, only matrixes, cubes, or circles.  Other diagrams I found only had up to 20 LEDs, and I guess I wasn't able to pick up on how to make it a line, vs. other shapes.  I did find a great diagram on clock-it.net, but it's colored, rather than numbered, and I am pretty bad with colors...

I think I figured it out.  Considering it only took me a half hour to figure and draw, I am surprised I hadn't found a similar diagram.

I hope this helps someone.  It sure helped me...

And thanks to everyone around here who has shared their efforts, so that others may save time or brain power.  This is a great community indeed!

Looks like a larger form of the 30LED one I found. Just trying my hand at 20LEDs right now.

My wiring works on the breadboard for 20.

I want mine linear too. But having trouble understanding the code for addressing each individually... want to use it for POV

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131